Salary: £25,000 - £27,500 plus bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: East Anglia/Midlands - Head Office Little Blakenham, Suffolk, IP8 4JU
Some home based working available
Travel required: Nationwide UK & Ireland
Driving License required
IPRS Mediquipe delivers key support to universities, the NHS, and elite sports clubs, including the premier league and elite rugby.
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can make a difference to people’s lives? For a company where you can train and learn new skills? Where you are appreciated by your customers and your colleagues?
At IPRS Mediquipe, we distribute world-leading Biodex physical rehabilitation equipment for medical and physiotherapy professionals in sports & orthopaedic rehabilitation, paediatric medicine, neuro-rehabilitation and much more. We exclusively sell, service, and clinically support Biodex injury rehabilitation and objective testing equipment within the UK & Ireland. We have a nationwide network of experienced engineers providing support, training and maintenance.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Maintenance Technician to provide preventative maintenance servicing, rectify reported faults and carry out the installation of new equipment.
Our customers are at the forefront of everything that we do, and this is very much a customer facing role where you will be expected to maintain our high levels of customer satisfaction.
We are a forward-thinking, proactive company with a strong sustainable ethos. If you join our team, as reward for your hard work and dedication, we will offer you:
- Full comprehensive on the job training and development
- Regular commission and performance bonuses
- Proactive development and training including financial support as you learn new skills, including studying for recognised qualifications
- Ability to manage your own workloads to support a good work life balance
- Overnight stays (£60 per night) plus other subsistence allowances21 days annual leave (increasing with completed years’ service) plus 8 days bank holiday
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential counselling
- Westfield Health Cash Plan, providing you with a vast amount of benefits including money back on private healthcare such as eyesight tests and dental treatment, with the added bonus of discounts at over 500 leading online and high street retailers.
- A group wide recruit a friend scheme worth up to £1000
- You will be provided with a specially equipped company vehicle to visit customer premises to undertake the following:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance servicing, providing repair solutions to all reported faults, and complete installations and relocations as scheduled by the Service Manager
- Ensure that all equipment is serviced and repaired to the specified standards
- Maintain a high level of customer service, and establish new customer relationships when opportunities arise
- Perform the pre-delivery build and relevant checks of our full range of rehabilitation equipment, which includes isokinetic dynamometers, gait trainer treadmills, balance systems and partial weight bearing devices
- Perform equipment demonstrations to customers and carry out training on new equipment sales
- Control and maintain personal spares kits and tool kits
- To prioritise work tasks and time manage to ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and within set timescales
- To take initiative and responsibility within the Mediquipe Team and actively contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team
- The role is physically demanding and will involve some heavy lifting
To be considered for this role, you must be willing to travel the UK and Ireland which will involve overnight stays, however these can be planned to minimise the disruption to your family life. You must also have a full, clean driving licence.
What do we want from you?
- Be proud of the support you will be providing to our clients
- Be technically competent in both mechanical and electrical disciplines
- Possess an NVQ Level 2 or 3 – Engineering Maintenance (or similar)
- Experience of electro-mechanical fault finding
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an electro-mechanical service environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good customer service skills
- Be PC literate in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn bespoke software
- Reliable and flexible
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK
The job description and person specification for the role of Service Maintenance Technician is available to download from our company website https://www.iprshealth.com/careers/. For more information or to apply for this role, please download our application form and send this along with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Please also visit our website https://www.iprsmediquipe.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
If the above is of interest to you and you want to work for a forward thinking company, please get in touch with us, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021