Airside Drivers Medicals
IPRS Health deliver Airside Drivers Medicals adhering to all rules and regulations as required by the Civil Aviation Authority CAP 790 requirements for the Airside Driving Permits Scheme.
What the Medical contains:
Our Airside Drivers Medicals will enable your employees to undertake their job safe in the knowledge that they’re fit and health. Our medicals include:
- A comprehensive pre-medical questionnaire
- Height, Weight and BMI
- Vision Assessments including: Acuity, Fields, Diplopia and Colour
- Cardiovascular assessment
- Hearing assessment
- Musculoskeletal Assessment
- Urine test for glycosuria or proteinuria or haematuria
What will the Airside Drivers Medical tell me?
Our Airside Drivers Medicals will tell you:
- If the employee is fit or unfit to work
- If the employee requires a referral to their GP, Optician or another Medical Specialist
- If the employee has submitted the appropriate relevant documents
- If further testing is required
- When the employee needs their next medical
Who requires an Airside Drivers Medical?
As per CAP regulations, all Airside Drivers must be medically fit to drive to DVLA Group 1 standard.
As a minimum the ADP must require:
- An initial and renewal medical declaration to align with DVLA Group 1 standard
- Medical assessments to relate to occupational age limits e.g. LGV
- Medical assessments where DVLA health conditions are declared by the driver
- Reviews following driving accidents or incidents at work
How is the medical delivered?
The medical assessment will be completed by our experienced clinicians within our facility at Gatwick Airport.
We'd love to hear from you! If you're interested in discussing how our Airside Drivers Medicals can benefit your business, get in touch with our friendly team here. or start a Live Chat (9am-5pm).