Get Active

Get Active is a motivational programme to help those wanting to improve their health and well-being by increasing their physical activity levels. This program allows the individual to learn about improving their well-being and adopt a more physically and psychologically resilient approach to physical activity for the long term.

Who is it for?

The programme is for any individual looking to ease themselves back into exercise who may have experienced challenges to completing physical activity such as High BMI, working from home or those who experienced reduced activity due to a previous injury/illness. Additionally, it is for those who may have suffered from COVID-19 and are feeling the longer-term effects of mild post-viral symptoms.

Why use the Programme?

Get Active helps both encourage and motivate individuals to be aware of managing and improve their health and wellbeing via physical activity. Get Active will also aim to increase participants awareness of the importance of exercise to prevent and manage musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). Individuals will also increase physical and psychological resilience to improve their exercise adherence.

Furthermore, this programme will help recondition individuals to increase their stamina to support their return to normal work duties following illness or injury.

Programme Outline

The Get Active programme is broken into 2 phases. The first phase consists of a one-to-one 12-week program, followed by phase two which consists of 3 follow-up sessions over 9-months. The contents of the program are listed below:

  • 1 x 30-minute Virtual (Telephone or Video) Well-being Initial Assessment
  • 12-week bespoke exercise program using IPRS Health App
  • 3 pre-recorded webinar sessions: physical resilience, psychological resilience and exercise myths & advice.
  • 10 x weekly 15 minute 1-2-1 Physio motivational sessions
  • Health and wellness education available via
  • Links Mental Health support either IPRS or existing services via employee/client
  • 30-minute final session follow up at 12 weeks to review outcomes
  • 30 minute follow up call at 6, 9 and 12-months to review outcomes
  • Update exercise program for longer-term continued use

Why Choose Get Active?

We are proud of the results we have achieved with employees who have completed the programme:

  • After 10 weeks of being on the programme, on average individuals increased their weekly exercise from 54 minutes of exercise to 144 minutes
  • Average functional strength was increased from individuals being able to complete 19 press-ups to 46 after just 10 weeks. Participants that can complete more than 40 push-ups are associated with a significantly lower risk of suffering from cardiovascular disease.
  • On average employees achieved a 13-point increase in Wellbeing Scores
  • 85% of participants were "Extremely Satisfied" with IPRS GetActive with the remaining 15% "Moderately Satisfied".


We'd love to hear from you! If you're interested in discussing how Get Active can benefit your business, get in touch with our friendly team here or start a Live Chat (9am-5pm).

“My trainer was very helpful and understanding of my challenges. They were very easy to talk to and gave great advice around some injuries I had which we worked around to achieve the best results I could. Overall I am very proud of the results achieved in only 10 weeks and am grateful to be part of this”

Get Active Participant - March 2021

Why choose IPRS Health?

Quality  |  Clinically focused  |  Flexible  |  Innovative

Award-winning quality provider
24 years experience of absence management
Innovative digital healthcare products
Detailed reporting and analytics
Tailored solutions designed for your needs
Largest network of clinical treatment
Tell me more »